1993-12-30 - Cypherpunks & Clipper

Header Data

From: “L. Detweiler” <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2ba281a82b43ac88631201db85252d0c0ab976001edc7eb9e28d2d16cec59fa1
Message ID: <199312300432.VAA27838@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 29 Dec 93 20:33:19 PST

Raw message

From: "L. Detweiler" <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 93 20:33:19 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Cypherpunks & Clipper

Hello darlings. I heard a rumor that Mr.May has requested that
everyone stop talking about Clipper on this list, saying it was
`time to move on'. Or maybe it was one of his tentacles, say
Wonderer. (It's hard to keep track, as you all know!) Anyway, I
have written a lot about Clipper when it first came out on the
list, and I have seen a lot of interest here, so I'm kind of
mixed up. I have to admit my feelings are kind of hurt to hear
Mr. May just kind of dismiss all the hard work of everyone who
has lobbied against it here.  Maybe everyone who has an opinion
on this could post to the list -- is Clipper dead? Should we stop
talking about it? Do cypherpunks have better things to do with
their time?

p.s. many cypherpunks have objected to my long postings, so I
will try to post some shorter ones. I'm here to serve you, a
fellow cypherpunk and human being, in whatever way I can.

Thread