1993-12-06 - Love Lost

Header Data

From: “L. Detweiler” <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2d3da3eb8b59a99769ae808e9a697146800cd19f18145fd8391cafdbac148021
Message ID: <9312060755.AA05711@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Dec 93 23:59:56 PST

Raw message

From: "L. Detweiler" <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 93 23:59:56 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Love Lost

It appears I have made quite a pest of myself on this mailing list, and
that everyone hates me, and curses me as Satan, particularly at the
delight and encouragement of your leaders. In fact, a long time ago,
before it became clear I was such an unstable jerk and paranoid lunatic
out to get people who betray me, in fact around the time of the PGP
subpoenas, in which I had continually sent out some of my most
masterful and brilliant postings, when I still had a respectable
reputation, despite that P.Metzger was continually attacking and
dogging me in the most vicious way a human being (at least, I think he
is human, but on the Internet no one knows if you are a dog) can attack
another in cyberspace, that man who once thought that the name
`cypherpunk' just sounded too darn extremist and flamed me over my
insistence that it was colorful and dramatic, precisely the kind of
term that would inspire a Wired or a NYT reporter just enough to write
a story about a fraudulent sham, anyway, about this time E.Hughes told
me that I should learn some quality in my postings or he might employ
some method that would prevent me from sending them. I wondered, dear
sir, was this censorship? Actually, I was quite a bit more pissed off
than that, and said so in my mail, because I had tried to maintain a
positive communication with E.Hughes for many months, but no matter
what I ever wrote he had the most frigid, arrogant, authoritarian and
autocratic, dictatorial and tyrannical, `silent iron fist' opinion I
had ever seen in tens of thousands of messages I have sent to hundreds
of people over my ~4 years of Internet experience, small I grant you
but I have been typing the whole time! Anyway, Mr. Hughes said,  `If I
prevented you from posting, this would not be censorship.' I said, `if
this is an open forum, it would be censorship.' He didn't seem to reply
to that. I think the answer is that this is the Eric Hughes mailing
list, and that anyone who posts a lot and really refines what they
write, or has a large vocabulary, or writes mini-newsletters with
multiple topics the way the most respectable organizations do, like EFF
and CPSR, and flames the leaders when they do something stupid like
promote child pornography or abandon PGP, who ignores flames by people
who are obviously obnoxious idiots who yell at people for their better
accomplishments, who doesn't write in simple phrases that are more
chiseled than flowing, and doesn't post about totally arcane references
to Fermat's Little Theorem and Most Obscure Abelian Mathematics, copied
directly from references with no understanding to impress the hordes of
sycophantic followers, or name drops people who work at PKP (only
conspiracy theorists think they have anything to do with the NSA,
because they are really truly liberating), or takes the time to do
research behind his postings, this person is clearly guilty of the
obnoxious crime of not having sufficiently kissed enough ass to be
allowed to continue to post. In fact, I have consistently failed to
kiss the ass of all three leaders, who all strike me as corrupt and
consistently refuse to go to any length to suggest otherwise, and for
this I deserve the all the vicious retribution that you can unload on
me. In fact, there is a great opportunity to do so right now in the
newsgroups under the `Cryptoanarchist Conspiracy Alert' thread, I
encourage you to do so, instead of mail bombing me, which doesn't
really serve any purpose whatsoever except to demonstrate your sheer
idiocy. You might flame me for writing exceedingly long sentences and
paragraphs and letter, geez, you'd think you were trying to insult our
intelligence with big words and concepts we can't understand, all that
take so damn long to read and understand compared to watching
television,e.g. MTV music videos or Beavis and Butthead, who are far
more entertaining and uplifting and inspiring than my pathetic excuse for a life.

I really am disappointed, I thought I might be able to elicit some kind
of statement from your leaders on their personal knowledge of
pseudospoofing or pseudoanonymity here, especially in the face of
public pressure from honest members, saying `is what he is saying
really true? why are you refusing to answer him? have you really done
all that he claims?' I was really looking forward to posting that big
story fantastic story about pseudospoofing in WWII I offered to,
kissing and making up! I am not a vindictive person at heart, in fact,
writing letters like these drive me to vomit, but your leaders have
given me no choice. Its too bad that the belligerence and obstinance of
a few continues to spoil it for everone else. Honest cypherpunks, I'm
sorry that I can't tell you a neat story about pseudospoofing, but you
will just have to ask your leaders why they have deprived it from you.

Anyway, clearly I do not deserve to post here any longer! Its not
getting any of us anywhere. Mr. Hughes sent me mail recently suggesting
that I `can't take a joke', that I have no sense of humor. Perhaps it
is true! He should know! I will have to go somewhere else, for example
the newsgroups, and really post some of my best material I have ever
crafted, all that relates to my tenure and demise on the cypherpunks
list, especially that which relates to its corruptions and lies. Yet I
have failed to receive any mail (at least, that I know of at the
moment) from any of your leaders asking me to refrain from posting to
the cypherpunks list. In fact, I have waited for quite awhile for any
mail of this sort. I continue to write  unrequited! Please, let us all
achieve resolution. I ask that one of the leaders, for the benefit of
everyone here, send me any of the following messages. If you do so, I
will promise to stop posting under my True Name. Of course, I can't
guarantee anything about any other `penetration', particularly because
cypherpunks are the promoters of this kind of subversive infiltration,
and for me to be asked to refrain from it would be the epitome, the
height of corrupt hypocrisy. But, on the other hand, perhaps your
leaders reached that point a long time ago.

Anyway, I promise to do all this if I receive the following message:

from: hughes@ah.com
subject: Go Away, Prick
to:
ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu,postmaster@longs.colostate.edu,root@l
ongs.colostate.edu,tcmay@netcom.com,gnu@toad.com,cypherpunks@toad.com,pr
esident@whitehouse.com,markoff@nyt.com,kelly@wired.com,diffie@sun.com

Because of your continual disruptions in our honest endeavors, your
continual slandering of our reputations, your continual insistence on a
conspiracy and pseudospoofing we know absolutely nothing about, you
have been censored from posting to the cypherpunks list as
ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu. In fact, we are running an
automatic filter that will bounce all messages with the strings
`L.Detweiler', `pseudospoofing', `pseudoanonymity', `democracy',
`Medusa', `torture', `anarchy', `guerilla', `conspiracy', `government',
`impersonation', `consensus', `agenda', `police state', `oppress',
`molest', `tyranny', `dictator', `autocracy', `autocrat',
`dictatorship', `tyrant', `poison', `confess', `contrite',
`inquisition', `insidious', `accomplice', `treason', `moral', `morale',
`ethics', `punish', `corrupt', `lie', `propaganda', `cult',
`sentencing', `brainwashing', `integrity', `honest', `true',
`pseudonym', `forgery', `hypocrisy', `pure', `poseur', `fraud', `tax',
`psychopath', `psychosis', `egomania', `hoax', `FBI', `society',
`obsession', `monomania', `persecution', `censor', `hallucination',
`insanity', `arrogant', `egomania', `bastard', `vain', `vainglory',
`pervert', `depravity', `delusion', `truth', `leader', `tentacle',
`attack', `evade', `deception', `practical joke', `harass', `crime',
`privacy', `torment', `phantom', `accusation', `paranoia', `traitor',
`disrupt', `pretend', `disreputable', `appropriate', `authority',
`courtesy', `movement', `pariah', `cooperation', `cabal',
`prosecution', `cacaphony', `stalemate', `dischord', `subvert',
`martyr', `public', `revolt', `revolution', `scapegoat', `blind',
`sabotage', `infiltrate', `subterfuge', `ignorant', `etiquette',
`rant', `reality', `exorcize', `facade', `false', `humility',
`mockery', `manipulate', `masquerade', `filth'.

Thread