1993-12-10 - small memoryspace DES?

Header Data

From: jim@Tadpole.COM (Jim Thompson)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3d1ac7482763328e2868e726d82eecc9e7c9c8db6c6222f1b72d013fc4c505c0
Message ID: <9312101606.AA11702@chiba.tadpole.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 08:09:30 PST

Raw message

From: jim@Tadpole.COM (Jim Thompson)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 08:09:30 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: small memoryspace DES?

Hi,

Getting back to the cypherpunks-write-code theme, I'm
currently attempting to put DES on a u-ctlr that has
a whole 1k of memory for things like 'stack'.  All
the DES implimentations I've found thusfar have
traded memory for speed.

I can afford a lot of text space, and initialized data
can go in the text segment, of course (think eeprom, ok?),
but I have to live within a 1k space for all my dynamic
memory needs.

Has anyone ever done anything like this?  Care to share?

Jim

Thread