1993-12-17 - VIACrypt PGP ?

Header Data

From: James Still <still@kailua.colorado.edu>
To: ‘Cypherpunks List’ <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 45aba13924ac066118d90c7be1dbf427204e72b858c76ee36fc0102725451e89
Message ID: <2D11E12A@kailua.colorado.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 07:41:19 PST

Raw message

From: James Still <still@kailua.colorado.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 07:41:19 PST
To: 'Cypherpunks List' <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: VIACrypt PGP ?

>I would appreciate some commentary as to whether the VIACRYPT PGP MSDOS
>package is licensed for use by PKP (Public Key Partners).
>It is my belief that it is.

Could anyone who has purchased ViaCrypt PGP answer my question?
What is the executable filename?  Is it still PGP.EXE or did they throw
their own little proprietary in there with a VIAPGP.EXE or some such?

I appreciate your response!  (I'm about to put out another version of
a shell program and thought about extending support to ViaCrypt's
if it is a different exec...)

Thread