1993-12-11 - Re: ALERT: FBI’s Wiretap Bill is Back!

Header Data

From: “Brock N. Meeks” <brock@well.sf.ca.us>
To: mech@eff.org
Message Hash: 56fe44c3b92d7694d667f15da039c06abde05409ec8120115905dde22a4478c7
Message ID: <199312110614.WAA17843@well.sf.ca.us>
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 22:19:42 PST

Raw message

From: "Brock N. Meeks" <brock@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 22:19:42 PST
To: mech@eff.org
Subject: Re:  ALERT: FBI's Wiretap Bill is Back!

Geez, Stanton, if you're going to rip off my story, you might want
to give me some credit... or isn't EFF's self-proclaimed "Online
Activist and Sysop" into proper journalistic practices of attributing
where he gets his information.

Just to clear things up, Stanton's message is a poorly rewritten
copy of an article I wrote for _Communications Daily_ that ran on Dec. 9.

The comments by FBI agent Barry Smith and Ken Raymond were made to me
during one-on-one interviews, not open press conferences.  There's
no way you could have these quotes or this information Stanton unless
you first read my story.

Next time try giving credit where it's due... Or steal your information
from someone not on the Net.

Brock Meeks
Reporter
Communications Daily