1993-12-06 - anyone out there thinking that

Header Data

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU (CVL staff member Nate Sammons)
Message Hash: 6db52c1490c6eefeaa6068f0607d8603e938e743d175109eb8baeaf854fde396
Message ID: <9312060646.AA11995@vangogh.VIS.ColoState.EDU>
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Dec 93 22:49:53 PST

Raw message

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU (CVL staff member Nate Sammons)
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 93 22:49:53 PST
Subject: anyone out there thinking that

CypherPunks,

Is there anyone out there thinking that in several years all of us will
be looking back on this (The Detweiler fiasco) and remarking on it
as being something of a ground-breaking flame war that would have
repercussions throughout cyberspace and the future?  I was thinking this
today, while I was working away in my Lab.  "What a funny thought!",
I thought.  Someday, in the near future, all of us will be able to say
that we were part of a major breakthrough in Cyberspacial history,
the first (I am afraid it will be the first of many) McCarthy-type
witch hunts (maybe in the future we'll be accused by "legitimate"
government agencies of being the Medusas behind many Tenticles,
hunted, wrongly, like dogs).

I am chilled to the bone at the thought, personally.

-nate

| Nate Sammons  nate@VIS.ColoState.Edu  (303) 491-1578                  |
|   Colorado State University -- Computer Visualization Laboratory      |