1993-12-12 - No Subject

Header Data

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8a9f781a0a867b99eddbac9d5a140ea85958261209fa2fef2a2cd227f25ecc93
Message ID: <9312121515.AA18910@jobe.shell.portal.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 12 Dec 93 07:17:19 PST

Raw message

From: nobody@shell.portal.com
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 93 07:17:19 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

seen on a real-time chat system at mit:

From: The Warlord <warlord>

Sigh. Anyways, I've told you all the information there is to tell:
MIT administration (I/S) told me to shut down the keyserver.  They were
'pushed' by PKP (Probably Bidzos).  I do not know what was said, why these
decisions were made, nor what is being held over people's heads... But I
didn't believe I had the Political clout to do anything but comply.

----
notes: jim bruce is the vice president for information systems at mit.
in general, stuff like the above doesn't happen unless jim says so.
the request for the keyserver shutdown was apparantly not delivered in
writing to derek, so there is no permanent record of what happened.

the new keyserver at martigny.ai.mit.edu has the support of a full
professor; derek's did not.

Thread