1993-12-10 - LPC for speech (fwd)

Header Data

From: Eric Blossom <eb@srlr14.sr.hp.com>
To: loki@cass156.ucsd.edu
Message Hash: 946336d5c20a4f18d5260ac994dd1ff559148e2c21ab4adbf9478954d0f5a4c5
Message ID: <9312102343.AA03519@srlr14.sr.hp.com>
Reply To: <9312102307.AA27130@nately.UCSD.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1993-12-10 23:44:16 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 15:44:16 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Blossom <eb@srlr14.sr.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 93 15:44:16 PST
To: loki@cass156.ucsd.edu
Subject: LPC for speech (fwd)

   I am working on this very thing. We will be using LPC encoding for
   compression, IDEA for encryption, and DH key exchange for key handling.
   We plan to use something better than DH ASAP (something less vulnerable
   to man in the middle attacks). We plan to use 14.4kbps transmission
   speed.

Lance,

I'd be interested seeing the protocol that you plan to use.

I've given a bit of thought to it, and it appears to me that the
protocol should negotiate *everything* up front.  This would include
data rate, xmit and recv speech coders, as well as crypto algorithm,
feed back modes, session keys, etc.  I've been thinking also that the
protocol should start out in async mode, and then possibly shift to
sync mode.  It should also be extensible.

Eric Blossom

Thread