1993-12-06 - Re: Authorized cash?

Header Data

From: Jim McCoy <mccoy@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal Finney)
Message Hash: bd0195cad2d18c1ece7cb535e31f0ed4c4cc7782fcd2735c2e4aaabc959e928e
Message ID: <199312062038.AA23984@tramp.cc.utexas.edu>
Reply To: <9312061643.AA17218@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-12-06 20:40:08 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 12:40:08 PST

Raw message

From: Jim McCoy <mccoy@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 12:40:08 PST
To: hfinney@shell.portal.com (Hal Finney)
Subject: Re: Authorized cash?

[regarding Chaum's digital cash work and possibly using that for net.money]
> Chaum has a patent, I've heard, on the "blinding" that is an important
> part of at least the simpler cash proposals.  If he were willing to
> authorize a cypherpunks cash system it would remove one legal hurdle
> to its implementation.  Does anyone know whether he might be willing to
> do this?

Strangely enough, his secretary and I have been exchanging email trying to
arrange a time when he can catch me by phone for the past few days...

I will ask him :)

jim

Thread