1993-12-14 - Surrender or Die

Header Data

From: an12070@anon.penet.fi (Cryptoanarchist Assassination Squad )
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cc81fdfca2b4dd316b688b1216ae7f185043ca0a43a23073ad930fbeb0ed0f9a
Message ID: <9312141556.AA16003@anon.penet.fi>
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Dec 93 08:00:24 PST

Raw message

From: an12070@anon.penet.fi (Cryptoanarchist Assassination Squad   )
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 93 08:00:24 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Surrender or Die

There has been some extremely strong speculation as to our
identity lately. It's time for us to identify ourselves. We are
Operation CRaP, the Cryptoanarchist Repression and Poison, and
we have infiltrated your own conspiracy to the most sensitive
levels. L.Detweiler retypes most notes to prevent style analysis
and inference detection that would lead to our identities.
We have infiltrated the *interesting* mailing list, have a
'bug' planted at crl.com, and a brilliant spy in one of your
most sensitive development projects. Finally, we have an
informant very close to one of the Big Three. We would be more
specific, to prove it, but we can't do so without compromising
our contacts.  However, we can tell you that we got bored of
your silly open meetings and stopped going to them a long time
ago because they don't have anything to do with what you're
*really* doing! We have been engaged since the talk on this
list led us to suspicions and the discoveries of the deceptions
and accomplices involved in the Wired article (Kelly,Dyer).

Tentacle hunting is one of our favorite pastimes, and we have
developed a variety of techniques to hunt down and kill snakes.
We also have been able to detect some of the more atrocious
pseudopooling. But we lost interest in the `small fries' when
the smell led us to the `big macs'. In fact, we would have
dropped the tentacle hunting business if it weren't so
spectacularly pervasive among the Big Three. After you
penetrated RISKS and continued to lie and cover up, it became
clear that you will truly stop at nothing to protect your
tentacles. We think that you could stop immediately, or
someone could get hurt, or a truly great disaster could
occur.

All of our postings are careful craftings of disinformation and
actual truth that are designed to elicit the maximum degree of
desperate paranoia on your part. Sometimes when e.g. L.Detweiler
says somewhere `I know' or 'in fact' he means `I think' and
sometimes `I suspect' really means `we have long had extremely
incriminating evidence on this that would convict you in any
court in the country, and plan to eventually, but we're just
tormenting you at the moment to see how loud you can shriek and
how much you can squirm'.

Our `cyberspatial' campaign is one of our more effective
measures in promoting your disintegration without
exposing our extremely stategic positions within your
organization, but we have not yet employed the `big artillery'.
We are actively destroying your conspiracy so that you will
no longer sabotage the growth of cyberspace. We are quite
amused to use your own guerrila sabotage tactics against your
fragile excuse for 'development'. We are especially amused
at your fright at our 'violent death threats'. We are
particularly focused on your quasi-criminal activities. You
are already aware of many signs of our countermeasures. You
have the chance to give up now or face serious escalation and
vastly more grisly consequences. You have 24 hours before we
launch our next cyberspatial strike.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled perversions.

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin@anon.penet.fi.

Thread