1993-12-21 - Re: Distribution of Secure Drive

Header Data

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cf7376028a3e43044577cf274c994c5176ad4366ef52d4cc11d7a3aac1dd9476
Message ID: <199312211828.KAA07761@mail.netcom.com>
Reply To: <2y6wec8w165w@spectrx.saigon.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-12-21 18:29:23 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Dec 93 10:29:23 PST

Raw message

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 93 10:29:23 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Distribution of Secure Drive

Does anybody out there know what the status of the Grand Jury case
against Mike Ingle is, the case involving the export to SecureDrive?

I'd heard he was being investigated and all his records had been
subpoenaed, with Janet Reno saying a whole new wing at Marion is being
built for Zimmermann, Ingle, Karns, Hughes, and all the other
cryptocriminals.

And now that Defense Secretary Inman has issued that Martial Law
Measure that crypto work is "born classified," the recent raids on
most of the Cypherpunks seem to make more sense. And the recent
progress in factoring, using the "rubber hose algorithm," has made
most private cryptography moot.

Me, I'm just glad I got out in '94 before they closed the borders.

--Tim May, Permanent Tourist, somewhere in Cypherspace

Thread