1993-12-31 - anonymous “video on demand”

Header Data

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d85b2aa40295785c828b64c2a60d9f1fe8802b15650bbfbb8fa7cec390a65e7c
Message ID: <9312310627.AA11312@bilbo.suite.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Dec 93 22:30:44 PST

Raw message

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 93 22:30:44 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: anonymous "video on demand"

Does anyone know of a good, practical way of doing "video on demand" in
such a way that the video supplier can't track the videos you select?

I suppose the trivial solution would be to send your video selection
request (and service fee) through a "anonymous video remailer".  The video
supplier would send the encrypted video back to you via the remailer.

Since I don't see "anonymous video remailers" as being a practical
solution in the near future, I'm more interested in finding out if there
are other ways of solving this problem.

This sounds like an All-Or-Nothing Disclosure Of Secrets problem.
However, all I know about ANDOS is what I read in "Applied Cryptography",
and the algorithm it describes doesn't seem a good fit.

Are there other ANDOS algorithms that may work better?

Jim_Miller@suite.com

Thread