1993-12-06 - anyone out there thinking that

Header Data

From: greg@ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e9717ae480eeb5e2a3227713a20817e4daf7f87ee79d3da4ddce4cce7fb04ec1
Message ID: <XZo5Dc2w165w@ideath.goldenbear.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 01:03:16 PST

Raw message

From: greg@ideath.goldenbear.com (Greg Broiles)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 01:03:16 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: anyone out there thinking that

uunet!VIS.ColoState.EDU!nate (CVL staff member Nate Sammons) writes:

> CypherPunks,
>
> Is there anyone out there thinking that in several years all of us will
> be looking back on this (The Detweiler fiasco) and remarking on it
> as being something of a ground-breaking flame war that would have
> repercussions throughout cyberspace and the future?  I was thinking this

I totally disagree - as far as I can tell, Detweiler is wrestling with
some emotional issues that most people work through while they're in
their middle-to-late teens. Problem is, he thinks Eric & Tim are his
parents. Either he's gonna figure things out, and in a few years this is
gonna be a really embarassing episode, or we're going to wake up one
morning to find him on the front page of the newspaper, surrounded by
bodies in the lobby of some post office, screaming about MEDUSA and
TENTACLES and FAKE MAIL and SODOMY and DRUGS.

As I see it, it's either 2.5 kids, a station wagon, and a house in the
suburbs for him - or getting shot by a SWAT team. I'd say the odds are
about 50/50.

--
Greg Broiles                       Lemon Detweiler Pledge?
greg@goldenbear.com                  You're soaking in it.

Thread