1993-12-08 - televisions 2 way?

Header Data

From: Sean Lambert <slambert@willamette.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ebc77ada7f0ffcc30fb1d4cf30eec211834bfc4f4eb956bbdf603ad56cf58912
Message ID: <9312080011.AA13594@willamette.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 7 Dec 93 16:20:28 PST

Raw message

From: Sean Lambert  <slambert@willamette.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 93 16:20:28 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: televisions 2 way?

I heard a theory about how the government can "spy" on us by using cable
television.  somehow, according to the theory, the cable is a 2-way
transmitter, and the television, when turned on, can act like a video
camera for the government.  I do not know ANY of the specifics of this
theory, and really find it hard to believe (perhaps because I do not
have any more information)...does anyone have any information on this?
is this an appropriate inquiry for the cypherpunks mailing?

thanks a lot

sean

Thread