1993-12-15 - Re: MTGS: Conflict Alert

Header Data

From: plaz@netcom.com (Geoff Dale)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fac517355206b258ece192f1f8d705a615d2a291ca1b7b8dfbc4e5c943ecbcdc
Message ID: <199312150109.RAA15434@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Dec 93 17:10:29 PST

Raw message

From: plaz@netcom.com (Geoff Dale)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 93 17:10:29 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: MTGS: Conflict Alert

>If the Cypherpunks schedule their January '94 meeting on the 2nd
>Saturday, Jan 8, that will conflict with a party announced
>by visiting Exi fireman Harry (Hawk) Shapiro. Harry said:
>
>    As I announced a month or so ago, I am holding a party on Jan 8,
>    at the Shearaton Palace Hotel in San Fran.
>
>    Jan 8th is the last day of MacWorld.  Hopefully a group of us will
>    meet for dinner arround 6pm.  The party will start about 8 or
>    8:30.
>
>As I doubt either Harry or MacWorld will change their schedules for
>our benefit, I suggest the Cypherpunks consider (and announce with
>plenty of lead time) changing theirs to the Saturday after (Jan 15)
>(The Saturday before is New Year's day).

Actually, there were plans to move the CyPunks meeting to Sat, Jan 15
anyway, since Jan 8th already conflicts with something else (Usenix?
something Unix-y).

Of course, the 15th is when the ExI-BATF (Extropy Institute - Bay Area
Transhumanist/Task Force, for the extropianly-impaired) meeting would
normally be held. I think we can ask Dave Krieger to put this off one week
to the 22nd. If so, then I'll be happy. What d'ya say Dave?

Geoff Dale    -- insert standard disclaimers here --  Plastic Beethoven
plaz@netcom.com                        ExI-Freegate Virtual Branch Head
plaz@io.com                                            66 Pyramid Plaza
Cypherpunk/Extropian                    Freegate, Metaverse@io.com 7777
          "Once you've gone plastic, you can never go back."

Thread