1993-12-06 - Enough is enough

Header Data

From: Matthew J Miszewski <MJMISKI@macc.wisc.edu>
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Message Hash: fd6d66c7202cbe3c36381642ded5bb560303560e5820ea634a622024c58368a3
Message ID: <23120522240044@vms2.macc.wisc.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Dec 93 20:29:53 PST

Raw message

From: Matthew J Miszewski <MJMISKI@macc.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 93 20:29:53 PST
To: CYPHERPUNKS@toad.com
Subject: Enough is enough

please do 1 of the following two things.

1)  Ignore L. Detweiller completely and put a message in the welcome
message to the effect that he posts highly flamable material and replys
should preferably go to his private email box.

2)  Ban him from posting.  Yes that is what i said.  I believe whole
heartedly in freddom of speech, but when that freedom interferes with
other rights it may be impinged.  I believe that one of those palces
is the educational arena.  I am trying to learn and before LD came on stage
I learned a *shitload* from the cypherpunks.

I do not censor easily, but it is unbearable.  If i had the resources
I would start another mailing list and invite everyone but him.  Shocker
I have the right to *not* include you.  And I would exercise it.  Ive
been on the list for about a year and dont want to leave.

Another option if the first two are no good would be to simply have
everyone on the list forward every, *every* , post coming from
LD to his postmaster.  If they let it out, they might as well
get as frustrated with his antics as me.

And LD, I am a law student with an itchy litigation finger :-)...try
me.

--Matt
In defense of liberty, encrypt for all purposes, civil and professional.
In defense of privacy, encrypt all correspondence, personal and professional.
In defense of sanity, do not encrypt your dry cleaning invoice!

       ++++++++--------mjmiski@macc.wisc.edu                          (c)1993

Thread