1994-01-21 - Re: A Detweiler Lesson

Header Data

From: Arthur Chandler <arthurc@crl.com>
To: Nick Szabo <szabo@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 18e67596ab0a592794df80b448a5dfa40fcfad1c143eb745737d88e1289e6133
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9401210938.A6610-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Reply To: <199401211747.JAA27686@mail.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-21 18:06:55 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 21 Jan 94 10:06:55 PST

Raw message

From: Arthur Chandler <arthurc@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 94 10:06:55 PST
To: Nick Szabo <szabo@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: A Detweiler Lesson

  Dear Nick:
  Thanks for the reasoned, even-tempered, and well-researched reply. As a
named tentacle in the SQUISH spectacular, and as a modestly frequent
contributer to the anonymity versus responsibility threads, I believe I
can qualify as one who has done his homework. Detweiler is not in my kill
file -- nor are you. But as for your unsolicited 132K forward of sundry
spams, I am depositing it where, in my considered judgement, it belongs.

                                 ______
                                 \     \.
                                 |`\_____\
                                 |` |    |
                    __-====-__   |  |    |
                   (~<       >~>_|  |    |
                   {~~-====--~~:  \ |    |
                   !~~------~~/----`+----/
                    \         \___     /
                    <_________________>

On Fri, 21 Jan 1994, Nick Szabo wrote:

> Arthur Chandler:
> >   It's been a real education to watch some folks on this list
> > try to crack remailers, to attempt to get into Detweiler's personal life,
> > to threaten him with violence, etc.
>
> So, this is only supposed to work one way?   If someone uses remailers
> to dig into my personal life, accuse me of criminality, and threaten
> me with violence, I'm supposed to just meekly take it?!!!!!!!!
>
> I have the feeling Arthur Chandler's another one of the "Detweiler's
> in my kill file" folks who needs a clue about what has been going on.
> I'll send him my Detweiler archive forthwith so he can do his homework.
>
> Nick Szabo					szabo@netcom.com

Thread