1994-01-28 - re: 4th ammendment and Cryptography

Header Data

From: dave_taffs@rainbow.mentorg.com (Dave Taffs)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1b12402adbc2a2a6d87008f65b5b16cac5f1882cb8598eafdf140bcab7d62660
Message ID: <199401282334.AA22419@fpd.MENTORG.COM>
Raw Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 15:38:16 PST

Raw message

From: dave_taffs@rainbow.mentorg.com (Dave Taffs)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 15:38:16 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: re: 4th ammendment and Cryptography

sender: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>:

> Worst of all are the complete loonies (some apparently on this list)
> who assert that guns are an essential protection against a tyrannical
> US Federal Government. Those who believe this have apparently never
> heard of the US Civil War, because the South tried exactly this over
> 130 years ago. (They failed, BTW.)  It succeeded only in destroying
> most of an entire generation of Americans, along with much of the
> country. And that was before some rather significant advances in US
> military weaponry, vis a vis privately owned weapons.
> Phil

This guy scares me more than any number of "gun nuts"...

--
 O_O    	01234567        dave_taffs@mentorg.com                         |
 . .            ^       	"Kolmogorov-Chaitin measures of complexity are |

Thread