1994-01-30 - Remailer Tearline Conventions

Header Data

From: anonymous@extropia.wimsey.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 44b4479775e85706a81360111adf35a20ab7105b03b8140b4195a534d9b4ced2
Message ID: <199401292341.AA11582@xtropia>
Raw Date: Sat, 29 Jan 94 16:12:43 PST

Raw message

From: anonymous@extropia.wimsey.com
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 94 16:12:43 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Remailer Tearline Conventions

Though this subject came up some months ago, I never noticed any final
decision.

Is there now an accepted tearline convention for the generic cypherpunks
remailers?  The mail handler here and at most of my other accounts
automagically adds the host address and/or my address to all outgoing
mail, which is...well..._counterproductive_ when sending mail to a
remailer.  The extropia remailer by accepting encrypted messages avoids
this problem, but most of the other remailers seem to have no provisions
for excluding extraneous text and address footers.

Was there ever a "8<----(cut here)" arrangement agreed upon and
incorporated into the remailers?

Thanks.

Thread