1994-01-29 - re: 4th ammendment and Cryptography

Header Data

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 57853e22de6aa82f6435e1d12a9f7763e08abb5c14334119fd16b9ed9712dca5
Message ID: <9401290001.AA12522@federal-excess.apple.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 16:02:36 PST

Raw message

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 16:02:36 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: re: 4th ammendment and Cryptography

>sender: Phil Karn <karn@qualcomm.com>:
>
>> Worst of all are the complete loonies (some apparently on this list)
>> who assert that guns are an essential protection against a tyrannical
>> US Federal Government. Those who believe this have apparently never
>> heard of the US Civil War, because the South tried exactly this over
>> 130 years ago. (They failed, BTW.)  It succeeded only in destroying
>> most of an entire generation of Americans, along with much of the
>> country. And that was before some rather significant advances in US
>> military weaponry, vis a vis privately owned weapons.
>> Phil
>
>This guy scares me more than any number of "gun nuts"...

Perhaps I'm foolish for asking, but what, precisely, has any of this to do
with _cryptography_?

Could you all go out back and shoot it out, perhaps?

--
Lefty (lefty@apple.com)

Thread