1994-01-27 - Re: quote of the day

Header Data

From: Lyle_Seaman@transarc.com
To: matsb@sos.sll.se>
Message Hash: 587bcf8accf39bfa3799089162cc3b3bedbc0f8cdab966391e13a98d9f3fa2a5
Message ID: <IhG0ykmSMUw8QJNuUA@transarc.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.85.9401261852.A1036-0100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-27 19:07:38 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 27 Jan 94 11:07:38 PST

Raw message

From: Lyle_Seaman@transarc.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 94 11:07:38 PST
To: matsb@sos.sll.se>
Subject: Re: quote of the day

Mats Bergstrom <matsb@sos.sll.se> writes:
> intensely. Anyway, there is no perfect drug that just make you say the truth
> and then forget about it. And there never will be. And the polygraph is
> quackery.

Well, there _are_ plenty of drugs that neatly cause short-term memory
loss.  Xanex, I think, is one. (And there are some other really scary
drugs used in medecine, that could be used for some awfully terrifying
trips.  Pavulon, for instance, which causes total paralysis, but
does not interfere with sensory nerve function.)  So the "...then
forget about it" part is pretty simple.

Lyle		Transarc		707 Grant Street
412 338 4474	The Gulf Tower		Pittsburgh 15219

Thread