1994-01-30 - RE: NSA/FOIA foo bar

Header Data

From: nobody@pmantis.berkeley.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6631931bdd2f0fb2f3aa3908d40bac3365eb04cdbdfc382083025fdb95922951
Message ID: <9401301757.AA20660@pmantis.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 30 Jan 94 09:58:56 PST

Raw message

From: nobody@pmantis.berkeley.edu
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 94 09:58:56 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: NSA/FOIA foo bar

>> I received what I expected, but also included in the multi-sealed envelope
>> was an additional surprise: two sheets containing some rather sensitive
>> information on an individual other than myself, the person I had asked for
>> compiled information.
>
> Sorry, I don't quite understand this sentence.  Are you saying that
> the NSA sent you sensitive information about an NSA employee, or about
> someone else?   Was your FOIA request for your own dossier?

Sorry for being vague.

Yes, my request was for my own dossier. Additionally, there were
two sheets intermingled concerning someone else completely, with
information concerning their drug use in the '70's.

Go figure.

Thread