1994-01-05 - One-Time Pad Available

Header Data

From: jpinson@fcdarwin.org.ec
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 719690dbf328e6bfb8432d9f253f767621905a5cce52951b658d6a1e0ba75700
Message ID: <9401051201.ab03492@pay.ecua.net.ec>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Jan 94 10:29:35 PST

Raw message

From: jpinson@fcdarwin.org.ec
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 94 10:29:35 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: One-Time Pad Available

A Beta test version of OTP-PC is ready for release.

OTP-PC is a MS DOS version of the Vernam One-time pad, an
unbreakable but somewhat clumsy cipher.

I have added several features to make the one-time pad easier to
use.

-OTP-PC can use a large pad (codebook) for multiple messages.
 This feature is more efficient than using multiple smaller pads.

-Optional Precompression of the plain text reduces consumption of
 the pad, and masks the size of the original file.

-The portions of the pad used each session are overwritten, both on
 encoding and decoding, to prevent reuse.

-Encoded files have a 2-stage header.  The first stage, an un-
 encrypted "bootstrap", automates the decode process.  The
 second encrypted header contains more sensitive information.

-A 32 bit CRC (stored in the encrypted header) verifies
 reconstruction of the original file.

-Automatic wiping of intermediate compressed files.

If anyone would like to volunteer to test OTP-PC, and give me any
suggestions or bug reports, please send me a message.

Please indicate your preference for UUencode, Mime Base64,
BinHex, or PGP ASCII Armor.

I will send you both the executable and ANSI C (Borland C++ V3.0)
source code.

Jim Pinson                   jpinson@fcdarwin.org.ec

Thread