1994-01-29 - Cypherpunks Virtual Meeting at BayMOO

Header Data

From: Arthur Chandler <arthurc@crl.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7b5614201e582a52f9894b0e262017e525d89a4c9978693786588a8fa689664f
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9401290810.A29339-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 29 Jan 94 09:08:30 PST

Raw message

From: Arthur Chandler <arthurc@crl.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 94 09:08:30 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Cypherpunks Virtual Meeting at BayMOO

                 TO: MEMBERS OF THE CYPHERPUNKS LIST

   Several subscribers to the cypherpunks list are involved with BayMOO, an
all-text VR for the purposes of experimenting with virtual objects, hosting
conferences, and socializing.  On behalf of the folks at
BayMOO, I would like to invite members of this list to an informal
meeting/conference at 8:00 PST (11 EST) on Wednesday, February 9th.  Some of
the topics:
   1) MOOs as environments for digital cash
   2) Encryption in VR environments
   3) anonymity and pseudonymity
   4) Others? Let me know and I'll schedule the topic
A special room, CYPHERPUNK CENTRAL, will be created for the occasion.

   To get to BayMOO:
   1) telnet mud.crl.com 8888
   (NB: If you have a client like Tinyfugue, so much the better; but
telnet works fine)
   2) Follow login instructions, and the help screen that tells you the
basics of communicating and moving around.
   3) The following BayMOO folks are on the Cypherpunks list. Feel free to
ask them -- or anyone else -- any questions about the place:
         blast
         cvoid
         orion
         Yea
   4) Some interesting places to explore when you get there:
   -- Hippie Haight
   -- Improv
   -- the ascii atelier
   -- Frenglish
   -- the BayMOO TV Studio
   -- Davey Jones Locker

   If you want to come by and take a look around earlier than February 9,
feel free to do so. If you want to get a permanent character so that you
can make and keep virtual rooms, objects, etc., write to blast@crl.com.
   I'll repost this note, with updates, as February 9th approaches.

Thread