1994-01-27 - Re: Anonymous Anonymous ftp

Header Data

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9141059515ea4709f8bfd43834ad565afedcb0141a04af2acab44e9929b80f03
Message ID: <9401270525.AA05687@bilbo.suite.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 21:32:12 PST

Raw message

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 94 21:32:12 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anonymous Anonymous ftp

Tim May writes:

> [stuff deleted]
>
> How is anonymous 2-way communication possible? Several
> ways:
>

> - prepaid mailers, good for sending a packet to a
> destination. With the final address nested insided a
> series of encrypted packets, no mix along the way can
> identify Bob without extensive collusion with other
> mixes.
>

> [stuff deleted]
>

> - pools, a la the pools used by Miron Cuperman and by my own
> BlackNet experiment. Not a fast 2-way communication
> system, but it works.
>

> - a Penet-style 2-way system, with additional security.
> Multiple...

I understand how you can do 2-way anonymous communication via message
pools and Penet-style systems, but I don't "get" prepaid mailers.  Could
you post an example showing how two people can converse anonymously via
prepaid mailers.

Thanks,

Jim_Miller@suite.com

Thread