1994-01-17 - Re: Using the tools we have

Header Data

From: “Halvor Kise jr.” <HALVORK@dhhalden.no>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a689b7ee07fb6b82cf18e5c07a355e13fc3218477a5875ca04082694261d9bef
Message ID: <13A299E173C@sofus.dhhalden.no>
Raw Date: Mon, 17 Jan 94 02:39:16 PST

Raw message

From: "Halvor Kise jr." <HALVORK@dhhalden.no>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 94 02:39:16 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Using the tools we have

>   For added security you could do something even better.  The
list
> server only posts messages that are "trusted" at a specified level, or
it
> adds a trust factor to the message.  If the list maintainer has met you
> and has signed his key, the list server will believe you are real.  With
> the web of trust and introducers, the list server will quickly be able to
> identify most of the people on the list as being real or "pseudo".  In
> particular this will cut down on the number of forgeries posted to the
list.

So the maintainer would do a hole lot of traveling then?
Who would come here to Norway to see and sign my key?

The real world is still a little larger than the cyber-world.

Halvor Kise jr.

                      * MEMENTO MORI *

        | Halvor Kise jr.     *  Username: halvork       |
        |                     *  Server: sofus           |
        |     Ostfold         *  Site name: dhhalden.no  |
        | Regional College    *        Student at        |
        |  N-1757 Halden      *     Computer Science     |