1994-01-15 - Forged messages (was: TC May advertises cypherpunks as keeping your taxes from going to ‘people of colour’)

Header Data

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a8b0e7d02c7746ce6c0995c8d788fac2f2fac50680af7c8c27d6d8213a2817e6
Message ID: <AhC3Mym00awJ8D7EpF@andrew.cmu.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Jan 94 10:33:05 PST

Raw message

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 94 10:33:05 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Forged messages (was: TC May advertises cypherpunks as keeping your taxes from going to 'people of colour')

"gtoal@gtoal.com" <gtoal@pizzabox.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Perhaps Detweiler was right after all about certain cypherpunks having
> a hidden agenda... seems TC May's rationale for running the cypherpunks
> list isn't to do with enhancing individual liberties but rather keeping
> all us WASPS safe from 'people of colour'...
>
> I want nothing to do with a list run by racists.  Unsubscribe me now
> please (cypher@an-teallach.com).

A few headers from the message:

Date: Sat, 15 Jan 94 13:01:35 GMT
From: "gtoal@gtoal.com" <gtoal@pizzabox.demon.co.uk>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: TC May advertises cypherpunks as keeping your taxes from going
to 'people of colour'

Note that pizzabox.demon.co.uk [158.152.8.236] doesn't tell where it got
the message from.  Could it have been longs.lance.colostate.edu?  I
liked Detweiler better when he just used anon.penet.fi.

P.S. I sent myself a test email by telnetting to pizzabox.demon.co.uk
25, but it identified the IP address I telnetted from... hopefully the
site administrators at demon.co.uk have recognized the problem and taken
steps to prevent further detweiling.  But be on your lookout, this will
only hold him off until he can find another SMTP port to spoof from.

Thread