1994-01-26 - Re: The Packwood Memorial Diary Server

Header Data

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bcfec02ba94b2c07c02ed22bef7b5b45c646393e5ac6489ebac5d4096d9e8f07
Message ID: <9401260622.AA09121@bilbo.suite.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 22:32:15 PST

Raw message

From: jim@bilbo.suite.com (Jim Miller)
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 22:32:15 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Packwood Memorial Diary Server

jdblair writes:

> Now, this sounds like a perfect opportunity for the
> digital stamps we talked about using with anonymous mail
> servers.  Stamps could be sold in different megabyte-day
> values.  Say I've got 500 megs of gifs I want to hide for a
> month-- slap a 15000 m-d stamp on the file, and send it off.

> The file could be retrieved using an id number from the
> stamp.

Cool.  Another paradigm is to think of the Document Server as an anonymous
digital safe deposit box server.

A user could purchase, via anonymous digital cash, X megs of space up
front, and then fill it up with whatever bits they wish.  However, done
this way, management of the contents of the box would be left to the user.
Perhaps the service would offer specialized boxes for different types of
contents.

Just random thoughts (well, not provably random thoughts, of course).

Jim_Miller@suite.com

Thread