1994-01-16 - Re: Using the tools we have

Header Data

From: jdwilson@gold.chem.hawaii.edu (Jim Wilson (VA))
To: jerry@terminus.us.dell.com (Jeremy Porter)
Message Hash: c36223acd70cbd4e0501559bbc602c345147dc5c8d9236212317f1c13a995fa1
Message ID: <9401160829.AA25953@gold.chem.hawaii.edu>
Reply To: <9401152235.AA04772@terminus.us.dell.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-16 08:33:11 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Jan 94 00:33:11 PST

Raw message

From: jdwilson@gold.chem.hawaii.edu (Jim Wilson (VA))
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 94 00:33:11 PST
To: jerry@terminus.us.dell.com (Jeremy Porter)
Subject: Re: Using the tools we have

> 	For added security you could do something even better.  The list
> server only posts messages that are "trusted" at a specified level, or it
> adds a trust factor to the message.  If the list maintainer has met you
> and has signed his key, the list server will believe you are real.  With
> the web of trust and introducers, the list server will quickly be able to
> identify most of the people on the list as being real or "pseudo".  In
> particular this will cut down on the number of forgeries posted to the list.

Another option could be sending an access agreement which is notarized.  In
order to notarize, you need photo id etc...  Nyx has used this for some time
with success.

 -Jim

Thread