1994-01-28 - Re: Quantum cryptography

Header Data

From: “Joseph Reagle Jr.” <reagle@gl.umbc.edu>
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Message Hash: d3723e4960963a4a58f8f42fa9b71179dee29cf67557ec770e00b87de226536c
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9401281811.A20218-0100000@umbc8.umbc.edu>
Reply To: <199401282100.AA27769@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-28 23:12:35 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 15:12:35 PST

Raw message

From: "Joseph Reagle Jr." <reagle@gl.umbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 94 15:12:35 PST
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Subject: Re: Quantum cryptography

On Fri, 28 Jan 1994, Duncan Frissell wrote:

> Title:       Quantum cryptography. (unbreakable message transmission
> system)
>              (includes related articles)

	I have done a great deal of reading on the subject including most
of the Physical Revew Letters, and in the end, I haven't seen the issue
of the Public Channel really addresssed.
	In most articles it is explicitly assumed not to be a problem, or
not even considered.
	But I think, if Eve is capable of manipulating the Public
Channel, she may be able to eavesdrop or deduce the message.  I wrote a
paper on it, but don't have it about here.   I could include my thoughts
in more detail in a couple of days... but has anyone else given it any
thought?

Regards,
Joe Reagle

Thread