1994-01-25 - NSA wants to buy 10,000-70,000 Clipper PCMCIA cards by March

Header Data

From: “Alan (Miburi-san) Wexelblat” <wex@media.mit.edu>
To: gnu@toad.com
Message Hash: fc3eb8a8bcc233ae2127d9dc2a16fb90c87f11022743c4dec0ecdba24a4f0845
Message ID: <9401251510.AA21354@media.mit.edu>
Reply To: <9401242239.AA25215@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-25 15:16:51 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 07:16:51 PST

Raw message

From: "Alan (Miburi-san) Wexelblat" <wex@media.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 94 07:16:51 PST
To: gnu@toad.com
Subject: NSA wants to buy 10,000-70,000 Clipper PCMCIA cards by March

I have a contact with some potential influence inside the IRS, especially on
matters of purchasing and new technologies.  If someone would care to write
up a *short* precis covering both (a) why Skipjack-based PCMCIA cards are a
bad idea and (b) what other alternatives can be purchased in a comparable
time-frame and for comparable cost, I will send this info to my contact.

--Alan Wexelblat, Reality Hacker, Author, and Cyberspace Bard
Media Lab - Advanced Human Interface Group	wex@media.mit.edu
Voice: 617-258-9168 Page: 617-945-1842		an53607@anon.penet.fi
All the world's a stage and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.

Thread