1994-01-13 - Re: Crypto and Taxes

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Message Hash: ff2dc76bae7de5cb0ed65b3d7332ec9231e0fe9874cbd09303dd7aafdd1a9cf4
Message ID: <199401130234.VAA24756@snark>
Reply To: <199401130007.QAA21562@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-01-13 02:37:14 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Jan 94 18:37:14 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 94 18:37:14 PST
To: Hal <hfinney@shell.portal.com>
Subject: Re: Crypto and Taxes

Hal says:
> I appreciate the thoughtful responses in this thread.  Let me just
> make one point now, saving a more detailed response for this
> evening.  Perry implied that I do not wish to see people avoid taxes,

I did not wish to imply that -- I merely implied that your comments on
large industries being unable to practice tax evasion were naive in
the light of the fact that they often do so now. I make no public
judgements on whether you do or don't think tax evasion is a good
thing.

Perry

Thread