1994-02-17 - on running a remailer

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 00b4d72622f42beeaf335e8993c304b7d9cf3046a92c49077c4b767db877c26e
Message ID: <9402170714.AA02030@ah.com>
Reply To: <199402162308.PAA18157@soda.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-17 07:20:29 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 23:20:29 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 23:20:29 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: on running a remailer

>Since Usenet will not be fully moderated in the next year or
>two, the only solution which will not backfire and make things
>worse, is moderated remailing.

Backfire on whom?

Sounds to me like cold feet.  If you don't want to run a remailer and
put your actions out in the world, don't.  Very simple.  If you don't
want to take the heat, fine.  No one said you had to.

But don't expect anyone else to follow you.

You do sound a lot like LD.  "I'm right.  Everyone should do it my
way.  I'm going to throw tantrums until you do.  And if you don't I'm
just going to take my ball and go home."

You can escape your true name with cryptography, but not your own
psyche.

Eric

Thread