1994-02-05 - Stego for Video ?

Header Data

From: Matthew Bernardini <matthew@gandalf.rutgers.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 099760fa82cb396c88bdf20fd7baf7e68203553aaf6628f27c06d9a976c57d3e
Message ID: <CMM-RU.1.3.760430533.matthew@gandalf.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 22:45:20 PST

Raw message

From: Matthew Bernardini <matthew@gandalf.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 22:45:20 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Stego for Video ?

Have any programs been written that would allow for three dimensional stego
in moving pictures ?  I think this would make it a little more difficult to
detect.

How about more advanced graphical techniques like using a stego file as a map
in a renderer ?  The person who received the picture would know for instance
that all the vertical walls, or all the brick surfaces, etc were stego
encrypted messages.  It would take some sophistication to reverse engineer
the rendered picture, but necessity is the mother of invention.  The actual
image would not contain any specific information, but would be a disguised
"envelope" for other pictures within the picture.

Matt

                        |               Rutgers University Computing Services
Matthew Bernardini      |               Hill Micro/Graphics Center
7804 McCormick          |               Site-Manager
(908) 878-0946          |               017 Hill Center