1994-02-10 - Re: Oh No! Nazis on the Nets

Header Data

From: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Message Hash: 14c84ae49d44346d7e0b665239c3f4632a8046cfb09787aa4a2fda8a30e9323a
Message ID: <9402102306.AA09283@deathstar.iaks.ira.uka.de>
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 15:10:24 PST

Raw message

From: danisch@ira.uka.de (Hadmut Danisch)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 94 15:10:24 PST
To: pmetzger@lehman.com
Subject: Re: Oh No! Nazis on the Nets

Perry E. Metzger says:

> In the U.S., it is perfectly lawful for me to print a newspaper
> ANONYMOUSLY, and sell it on streetcorners. Indeed, I may print
> anything I wish anonymously, be it a book, a magazine, or a newspaper.

So? If you find a paper with YOUR face, YOUR name and big
letters KILL THIS MAN FOR BEING A JEW, would you think
this is okay?

Would you give out PGP for mailing such calls encyphered?

> Do you not have to register your newspaper?

No, we don't. This is not true. Who told you this tale?

Is it "freedom of press" if someone tells american people
that germans would have to register their newspapers?

Hadmut

Thread