1994-02-27 - VIRTUAL MEETING at BAYMOO

Header Data

From: Arthur Chandler <arthurc@crl.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1c45eaef3539c11f9648dbcfe50b3e9a1f7ae55b7c7c8fbd2893b2d8ee1e94b7
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9402261817.A4405-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9402261812.A24705-0100000@world.std.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-27 02:14:41 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Feb 94 18:14:41 PST

Raw message

From: Arthur Chandler <arthurc@crl.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 94 18:14:41 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: VIRTUAL MEETING at BAYMOO

  On behalf of the folks at BayMOO, I'd be delighted to invite the
cypherpunks back for a second virtual meeting.  Our first session on
February 9 gave a taste of what's possible.  Another session, with a
cleanly organized agenda, could work even better. There are a number of
cypherpunks with named accounts at BayMOO already, and new accounts can
be handled in a day by writing to blast@crl.com (blast is also on the list).
As someone indicated, MOOs work best with clients like Tinyfugue, though
it is possible to do all right with raw telnet (especially if you have
com software, like Microphone, that gives you a text buffer for
composition before you send your words out into the virtual room).
  There are several options for organization for whoever will be putting
the session together. There are:
  -- large rooms that can be moderated (speaker queues, separate rows for
private conversations, etc.);
  -- smaller rooms for sessions with 2-10 people;
  -- mindspeak channels for folks who want to attend a meeting and
discuss other issues on a channel at the same time
  -- virtual videotaping or autologging of the proceedings.
  The key to success, though, as the last meeting clearly indicated, is
an agenda with clearly specified topics and time-certain beginnings and
endings.  Moderators to make sure that speakers cleave to the stated
topic seem best for large meetings; smaller groups can, if they like, let
the conversations develop with their own internal momentum.
   Just let me or blast know if the idea of a second virtual meeting at
BayMOO appeals to you, and we'll make the arrangements.

Thread