1994-02-08 - Magic Money -> Chaum Cash

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 40520c920fbe042a8aac2a1edc189251d9377f950004ee59be997ce79a359469
Message ID: <9402081801.AA01592@ah.com>
Reply To: <199402081025.CAA20709@jobe.shell.portal.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-08 18:10:50 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Feb 94 10:10:50 PST

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 94 10:10:50 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Magic Money -> Chaum Cash

>Based on Eric's long and mathematical
>explanation, which I did not fully understand and was therefore convinced
>by,

An example of reputation-based proof by obscurity.

I hope the main point came out, though.  There are lots of parameters
to pick from, and therefore lots of attacks can be contemplated.

>I have changed the program to use full Chaum cash.

Be careful when you say this.  Chaum has worked on lots of cash
protocols.  Better to say that you're now using a non-multiplicative
signature.

Eric

Thread