1994-02-17 - Re: The L.D. persona…

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <pmetzger@lehman.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4667676f43180346a53d369320909a0736d9133267b433e8fa89b3a9f5ef429f
Message ID: <9402171357.AA11510@andria.lehman.com>
Reply To: <199402170652.WAA19282@mail.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-17 14:00:41 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 06:00:41 PST

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <pmetzger@lehman.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 94 06:00:41 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The L.D. persona...

Xenon says:
> He also wrote the "Privacy and Anonymity on
> the Internet" FAQ, which is still regularly posted
> to Usenet, and mentioned at the end of my Guide,
> and is highly recommended reading.

Frankly, I think it sucks -- said so long before he went nuts. Its
full of factual errors (my favorite howler being that the US-Australia
link is "only" 500 megabytes a second in bandwidth), strange
constructions, and other junk. I also recall that I had several fights
with him early on because of his panic stricken howls of how "we" have
to do X and "we" have to do Y, as if there was a "we" here rather than
a mailing list. Can't say that I *ever* liked Mr. Detweiler.

Perry

Thread