1994-02-26 - FOIA’s and you…

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4c018b474a2e2b4f9803e67c96d25e221243059b07806d0e26bc02201b34cd3a
Message ID: <9402261929.AA19287@wixer>
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Feb 94 11:38:23 PST

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@wixer.bga.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 94 11:38:23 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: FOIA's and you...

One facet of using the FOIA legislation is that such requests will GUARANTEE
that a file is started on you even if one did not previously exist. If yo
you make FOIA requests then it behooves you to include in them at some point
(I suggest at least annualy) to make a FOIA of your own records. The reason
is that if there is a security question you will at least get a form letter
refusing to release the information which should act as a warning bell.

Just thought I would mention it since nobody else has made reference to it.

Thread