1994-02-23 - quetion about Multi-user systems

Header Data

From: Grand Epopt Feotus <68954@brahms.udel.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4c087fa6c8035aa6574950a4b24a7fc347920b44a0223c442c64b5d03c5169e3
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9402231607.A18096-0100000@brahms.udel.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 13:45:47 PST

Raw message

From: Grand Epopt Feotus <68954@brahms.udel.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 13:45:47 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: quetion about Multi-user systems

	I myself have a Linux system at home, all set up with PGP and
rather secure from outside thrats since it is unconnected from the net
except for when I dial-up.  I was wondering what strategies some people
use in order to make it easier to write and respond to mail.  I dont feel
like writing a message at home, encrypting it and then U/Ling it to my
acount and mailing it. Is there another wya to use PGP on my mail account
wihtout severely reducng mysecurity? I know the Sysop can read my secring
etc.. at any time and can also intercept my passkey for my secring, BUT I
would still like to perhaps use a low security key from my Unix account
and then have a high security key on my home system that is very safe.
The problem is, figuring out which message goes to where and all.  Could
someone with extnsive knowledge of PGP use on a Unix system help me out
here>?

	You're eqipped with a hundred billion nueron brain, that's
	wired and fired, and it's a reality generating device, but
	you've got too do it.  Free youself  ----Tim Leary----

Thread