1994-02-16 - Re: Wide Spread use of PGP

Header Data

From: “Mark W. Eichin” <eichin@paycheck.cygnus.com>
To: warlord@MIT.EDU
Message Hash: 4e549ffb0defeded44a6c50e883c73c45c75770f51b5a154535588399352126e
Message ID: <9402160439.AA00835@paycheck.cygnus.com>
Reply To: <9402160310.AA07277@toxicwaste.media.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-16 05:09:47 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 21:09:47 PST

Raw message

From: "Mark W. Eichin" <eichin@paycheck.cygnus.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 21:09:47 PST
To: warlord@MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Wide Spread use of PGP

>> There is a Kerberized Popper available, which uses kerberos tickets

net-dist.mit.edu:pub/pop/popper-1.7k.tar.Z -- as the README-FIRST
says, this is for convenience of people picking up Techmail or
Techmail-S (kerberized pop3 mailreaders, for the mac, the -S version
is for SLIP I'm pretty sure. PC version was just released, I think...)
I've heard rumour of a kerberized Eudora, that would interoperate with
this code, but haven't seen it.

mh-6.8 (and higher) will interoperate with this if you enable KPOP
(and probably ATHENA and one or two other things.) There's also an
emacs-movemail that has KERBEROS ifdef's.

				_Mark_ <eichin@paycheck.cygnus.com>
				... just me at home ...

ps. This is all Kerberos 4-based stuff. The popper, movemail, and
pop-from are included in the Cygnus Network Security package (along
with the rest of Kerberos 4 :-)

Thread