1994-02-09 - Re: Crypto Regulation Reform

Header Data

From: rcain@netcom.com (Robert Cain)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (cypherpunks)
Message Hash: 59b227a9f011fdc5333e23c6cc81c664654992c5a1821e0c130b9ba5e0ccf54c
Message ID: <199402092200.OAA04056@netcom8.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9402091548.AA02439@cleo.MasPar.Com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-09 22:02:27 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Feb 94 14:02:27 PST

Raw message

From: rcain@netcom.com (Robert Cain)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 94 14:02:27 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (cypherpunks)
Subject: Re: Crypto Regulation Reform

Jay R. Freeman sez:

> > So, I'll be back to discuss this further when I can freely.
>
>   May you have all the best of luck!                  -- Jay Freeman

I really appreciate that.  The reception here to the possiblity of
something we all wish for has astonished me with its negativity.  In
some cases it has gone *way* beyond healthy skepticism which I would
expect.  Hey, I'm on the same side as you guys!  It is in fact the
other side that prevents me from full disclosure.  This thing would be
in the patent mill and fully disclosed were it not for my fear that it
will be classified at the filing stage and supressed.  Grok?  I am
still stumped by this uncertainty and not quite ready to simply give it
away.  If I could somehow find out whether it will be or won't be
classified without actually filing all the details we'd be off to the
races.  If I were absolutely certain it would be classified I would
simply give it away here or elsewhere rather than file.  Conversely if
I were certain it would not be classified I would simply file and it
would be available in that form for your contemplation whether or
not they decide to ultimately grant it.  It's a real catch 22 for me.

Peace,

Bob

--
Bob Cain    rcain@netcom.com   408-354-8021

           "I used to be different.  But now I'm the same."

--------------PGP 1.0 or 2.0 public key available on request.------------------

Thread