1994-02-11 - csn.org:/mpj/ updates

Header Data

From: Michael Johnson <mpj@csn.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6137c026b99d386dab3703fdb2323d7ec8c2e63baa1b7af6bed2ce58b8b67d3e
Message ID: <199402111434.AA02097@teal.csn.org>
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Feb 94 06:50:29 PST

Raw message

From: Michael Johnson <mpj@csn.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 94 06:50:29 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: csn.org:/mpj/ updates

The following updates are available at csn.org:/mpj/ and the Colorado
Catacombs BBS (303-938-9654):

Magic Money 1.0d -- also requires PGP Tools to compile.
/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp_tools/mgmny10d.zip

PGP Tools 1.0c -- This is the PGP Tools 1.0b difference file sent to me by
Pr0duct Cipher, merged with the PGP Tools 1.0 file.  Note to Pr0duct Cipher
- -- please skip rev c, since I needed to differentiate between files before
and after merging them.
/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/pgp_tools/pgptl10c.zip

Secure Drive 1.3a -- On-the-fly sector by sector encryption/decryption with
the IDEA cipher for MS-DOS.
/mpj/I_will_not_export/crypto_???????/secdrv/secdr13a.zip

Other files, including PGP, are available.  See /mpj/INDEX.

Note to users who want "real crypto" with no magic numbers and no clue what
program created the encrypted files -- see mpj2demo.zip.  An upgrade of this
program that is friendlier and does better variable length key expansion is
due out "soon."  The upgrade fixes the problem with keys being equivalent to
larger keys that repeat the smaller keys (i. e. abcde unlocks what was locked
with abcdeabcde).  The upgrade will also attempt to find a compromise between
ease of use and denial of header information from an adversary.  Stay
tuned...

Because of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, you must first read
csn.org:/mpj/README.MPJ and (1) agree to the access terms therein, and (2)
note the characters to replace the ??????? in the directory names above
before you can access these files.  The crypto_??????? directory is hidden,
so it will not show up in a directory listing, but you can change to it.  The
name of the crypto_??????? directory changes at random times.  This is a
pain, but I'm open to suggestions on other ways to distribute crypto software
widely and easily within the USA without violating the law.  I think a crypto
related access control method would be really cool, but that raises some
chicken and egg issues.

See csn.org:/mpj/help for more on accessing the crypto areas.

Access to crypto areas on the Colorado Catacombs BBS is easier -- just follow
the questionaires carefully if you qualify for access.

 | \/ |o|        | Michael Paul Johnson  Colorado Catacombs BBS 303-938-9654 |
 |    | | /  _   | mpj@csn.org   ftp csn.org \mpj\README.MPJ for access info.|
 |    |||/  /_\  | aka mpjohnso@nyx.cs.du.edu mikej@exabyte.com              |
 |    |||\  (    | m.p.johnson@ieee.org CIS 71331,2332    VPGP key by finger |

Thread