1994-02-28 - No Subject

Header Data

From: cowen@glia.biostr.washington.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 85c4026e3e5c4462bb9f4e79fe9c9bd428c23543bd2bf7d359bf9979ad877964
Message ID: <9402281807.AA18357@glia.biostr.washington.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 09:57:24 PST

Raw message

From: cowen@glia.biostr.washington.edu
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 94 09:57:24 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

 i see a few problems with the use of the clipper chip.

 first, once in place, how will they replace it once it is compermized
 second, how much more will this cost the "honest" tax-payers?
 third, if they only use it for the trapping of and evidence of criminal
       type folks, what will the do with all the other neat info they
       are sure to pick up?
 fourth, if both halves, in a one key system are in the hands of the
        gov't what reaaly provents them from using them, without our
        knowing about it.

 also a few comments.

 once in place, i could do several things to make it hard to catch me
 i could write everything i send out in a seperate code, only send snail
 mail, only talk in person, steal the code keys, take the chip out of all
 the systems i have access to. and lets see, i could tell you i have a chip
 that looks liek the clipper chip, that on the first test try works.
 but it is really a fake, and mass produce it and sell it. without your knowing
 hey anything is possible.

someone pointed out that the keys once used, would become less secure
use by use. why not a revolving key system, or is that to hard

and why did the spend over 8 million of our tax dollars, on something
 that congress hopefully will shoot down?? talk about balanced budgets
i think there is another oxymoron to add to the list

now i wish i had not voted for the ditz in office.

charles the monster maker
            ^i am a father, you have a kid you'll know.

Thread