1994-02-01 - Re: Archiving mail-lists…

Header Data

From: Chris Knight <cknight@crl.com>
To: Kirk Sheppard <kshep@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 93a61560473e9dfff61be6d76c94d3280765f9bddfa6c347f68258aebb698245
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9402011307.A2238-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.85.9402011507.A5791-0100000@netcom9>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-01 21:50:41 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Feb 94 13:50:41 PST

Raw message

From: Chris Knight <cknight@crl.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 94 13:50:41 PST
To: Kirk Sheppard <kshep@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Archiving mail-lists...

On Tue, 1 Feb 1994, Kirk Sheppard wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Feb 1994, Chris Knight wrote:
>
> <Perhaps we should try this.  You sell archives of the net, and we'll file
> <a class action suit...  I'll back up my beliefs with actions, how about you?
>

> This appears to be merely hot air, since despite all his talk Master
> Knight hasn't taken any "action" and it is doubtful that he has the money
> or other "necessities" requisite for doing so.

And what sort of action am I supposed to take?  This was, to my knowledge a
discussion.  And who is this "Master Knight"?

> Also, notice the term
> "beliefs", which explains a lot. I thought were were having a discussion
> on a legal or academic basis, not one involving religeous or
> philosophical "beliefs" or faith.

All of us, including yourself Mr. Sheppard, have been discussing
theoretical law and rights.  Until it is tried in court, we are all
stating how we BELIEVE it will go.  This has nothing to do with religion,
or philosophy; merely interpretation of law.

-ck

Thread