1994-02-15 - Re: The Difficulty of Source Level Blocking

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: Theodore Ts’o <tytso@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Message Hash: a86cd28d0602b3775f16a19efc3bb153be21c2c6c7d4451390a865e1a5a7d407
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9402151502.A29837-0100000@crl2.crl.com>
Reply To: <9402152054.AA07071@tsx-11.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-15 23:21:44 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 15:21:44 PST

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 15:21:44 PST
To: Theodore Ts'o <tytso@ATHENA.MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: The Difficulty of Source Level Blocking

C'punks,

On Tue, 15 Feb 1994, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> I'm not convinced they would; perhaps it is time to start exploring this
> assumption.  Digital postage solves the problem that it becomes
> expensive for someone to flood a mailing list or a newsgroup with 10,000
> annoying messages.  But all it does is disenfranchise the poor; the rich
> would still be able to make themselves a nuisance.  How do you defend
> against someone like Detweiler if he has the resources of a Donald
> Trump, or a Bill Gates?

Ever notice how few mail bombs we get from Trump or Gates?  Maybe the
rich are rich because they've learned self-restraint.  Bet you dollars to
donuts that LD doesn't have a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out.

 S a n d y

P.S.  Oops!  Broke my own pledge, sort of.  Okay, I'll climb back on the
wagon.

Thread