1994-02-21 - New Remailer up!

Header Data

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Message Hash: b49989668495afe7dd99f95446b8fdbbc3ecbd4bd7cb95dc1b0451f296b06ff5
Message ID: <YhO1HTy00VB_QNplBR@andrew.cmu.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Feb 94 18:01:31 PST

Raw message

From: Matthew J Ghio <mg5n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 94 18:01:31 PST
Subject: New Remailer up!

At last, my long-promised pseudo-account remailer is open for testing.
Here's how it works.

Send mail to mg5n+getid@andrew.cmu.edu

you will receive back an encrypted email address of the form:
mg5n+eaxxxxx@andrew.cmu.edu

(ea=encrypted address, in case you were wondering)
All mail sent to that address will be forwarded to you.
When you post anonymously, you can include that address for people to
make replies to.  That way, people can send replies to your messages but
not know who you really are.  Most of the cypherpunk remailers allow you
to insert a Reply-To: header.

Random padding is added to the address before it is encrypted.
Therefore, every time you request an encrypted address, it will be
different.  This allows you to get a different email address for each of
your cypher-tenacles. :)

Messages sent thru the remailer are not anonymized.  The complete,
unaltered message is forwarded.  If you want anonymnity, first send your
mail thru one of the anonymous remailers.

Source code is availaible.  Email me if you want it.

P.S. Expect a moderate delay for messages sent thru this remailer.

Thread