1994-02-19 - Re: REAL WORLD ENCRYPTION

Header Data

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
To: Norman Hardy <norm@netcom.com>
Message Hash: ba36e7438fea9a5c8e30212c9a20c87675861f0c8d3e310068f5b694ecd56061
Message ID: <Pine.3.87.9402181649.A4631-0100000@crl.crl.com>
Reply To: <199402181959.LAA21873@mail.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-19 00:41:06 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 16:41:06 PST

Raw message

From: Sandy Sandfort <sandfort@crl.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 94 16:41:06 PST
To: Norman Hardy <norm@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: REAL WORLD ENCRYPTION

C'punks,

On Fri, 18 Feb 1994, Norman Hardy wrote:

> At 21:36 2/17/94 -0500, Sandy wrote:
> >What is a "debit" card?  It is just like a credit card, except
> >that it is used to debit your bank account immediately rather
> >than extend you credit--at interest--for later repayment.  They
> >are issued by Mastercard, Visa and other card companies.  They
> >look, and are used, just like a regular credit card.  They are
> >anonymous because there use creates no audit trail pointing to
> >you.  Further, the bank will keep its records in a jurisdiction
> >that protects the privacy of such business records.  For the
> >truly paranoid, the bank will issue corporate debit cards.
>
> Perhaps you can sell your technology to government witness protection
> programs. Perhaps you could even sell your service if you could prove that
> only the money was at risk (and not the location of users).

If I understand Norm's post correctly, I must have given him the
impression that what I discribed is (our) new technology.  It is not.
This stuff has been around for years, we are just going to take advantage
of it as others have in the past.

I'm completely unsure what Norm meant by his last sentence.

 S a n d y

Thread