1994-02-04 - Re: New remailer up.

Header Data

From: qwerty-remailer@netcom.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c3d2cf1b397885484124b2f8a7c05837b5b3c830bf420e2d122f515863f78185
Message ID: <199402041723.JAA29445@mail.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 09:25:09 PST

Raw message

From: qwerty-remailer@netcom.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 94 09:25:09 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: New remailer up.

>Before I start throwing out ideas that I'm sure aren't new to readers here,
>I have a simple question that perhaps I should post to comp.unix.questions
>or comp.lang.perl, but.... Can I, and how would I, get a perl script to
>kick in and send out mail every few minutes when I am NOT logged in. Is this
>possible on Netcom?

Rather than try to run in some asynchronous mode as you suggest, why
not do the following when each message arrives:

   place message in your queue, designating random hold time

   foreach message in the queue that's been held long enough
         send random number (1<=n<=3) dummy messages
         send the queued message
         send random number (1<=n<=5) dummy messages

The whole thing remains data-driven while you're not logged in
and can be manually flushed if you are logged in.  So long as
there is a steady stream of traffic, messages won't get stalled
for long times.  You could even send some 'activation' messages
at controlled intervals from some comfortable site (where you can
use cron), routed via another remailer.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Thread