1994-02-15 - Wide Spread use of PGP

Header Data

From: Matthew Bernardini <matthew@gandalf.rutgers.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c88c8433a12166ab1e2f871417b84000e9da9c31209fac86917ac743a869de8d
Message ID: <CMM-RU.1.3.761352619.matthew@gandalf.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 14:54:28 PST

Raw message

From: Matthew Bernardini <matthew@gandalf.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 94 14:54:28 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Wide Spread use of PGP

I find Bob Cain's comments that PGP should not be used on a netcom account
disturbing.  I think the priority that should be set is to get people using
PGP, "in the habit" and then make sure they are using it on a local PC or
Mac.

Some people, believe it or not, might only have acess to a multi-user
systems.  These people should not be denied acess to PGP.

On a side note, to those the are interested, Rutgers just added PGP to its
track library.  Any machine running 4.x or Solaris now has access to track
the binaries for PGP.  I plan to install this on my Sparc, and I think quite
a few other people will as well.

Encryption must be marketed like a product.  Thatis, the concept as a whole,
not just specific programs.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd personally like to
hear them.

Matthew Bernardini

Thread